Exciting news! Our latest episode features Elijah Desmond, DJ, Emcee, Motivational Speaker, Philanthropist, Innovator, and Author, as he shares valuable insights about strategies for improving team retention, providing opportunities for professional development, and fostering a positive workplace culture, etc…
Desmond is also the founder of Smiles at Sea, a dental conference that combines continuing education with vacation experiences. This concept is becoming increasingly popular in the dental industry, allowing dental professionals to learn and network in a relaxed and fun environment.
Tune in to our latest episode to learn more about building connections with other professionals, learning about new techniques and technologies, and enjoying a break from the daily grind of running a dental practice.
3 Value Takeaways
- Everybody is vulnerable in their own authentic self. Everybody is accepted. Nobody’s judging you for being your authentic self so take pride in that. We encourage everybody to show up as they are.
- There are so many companies that focus on growth, and the team members are an important part of growth. Building strong relationships and having a good work culture in your company are important to retain team members.
- Find a mentor who has already done it and learn from their experiences, and take shortcuts so you don’t have to go in the blind, and not have to worry about failing.
- 00:00:12 – Introduction to the episode
- 00:00:32 – Eric’s books/ events
- 00:01:14 – Introducing the guest
- 00:01:31 – Where is the next Smiles At Sea happening?
- 00:05:23 – About Elijah’s dental festival.
- 00:12:26 – Variety of conferences
- 00:14:00 – Vendors
- 00:17:10 – Retention of team members
- 00:20:09 – What advice will Elijah give to young entrepreneurs/ Dental professionals?
- 00:21:29 – How to get hold of Elijah Desmond