Did you know that you bring a story as you walk into the dental practice? Do you know the stories you bring into your dental practice?
It affects the quality of your work and how your team members, patients perceive you as a dentist. Dentists often experience burnout, anxiety and most of the time, they go on with their lives without really treating the root cause of the problem. Therefore, it is crucial to self-diagnose and take action. In this episode, Dr. Eric Block and Phil Herndon discuss the pressures of being a dentist in the present world, the importance of identifying that you are affected by these pressures, and doing what needs to be done to cope with them healthily.
3 Value Takeaways
- High-intensity jobs: Dental professionals have high-intensity jobs. This takes a toll on them without their knowledge. This affects your personal life as well as the quality of your work at the dental practice. Learn how to eliminate any negative aftermath by listening to this episode!
- Your story: Each and every one of us have a story. Your story as a dentist impacts your professional as well as personal life. In this episode, Eric and Philip discuss how to take control of your story.
- Self-diagnosing is the key: It’s crucial to identify that there’s a problem in your life in order to solve it.
- 00:03:40 – Your real story
- 00:06:55 – Where the stress comes from
- 00:08:50 – Escaping the stress
- 00:10:45 – Setting boundaries
- 00:15:35 – Looking in the mirror
- 00:20:00 – Outcome of the pressures