Culture is simply a shared way of doing something with a passion. Paul Edwards joins Dr. Eric Block to discuss how culture can make or break your business!
Paul Edwards is the Founder and CEO of CEDR HR Solutions, a provider of HR software, one-on-one expert HR guidance, and custom employee handbooks for private dental practices in all 50 states. Paul shares practical ideas and guidance on leadership, managing employees, and employment law compliance for better team management in HR decision-making on his blog at www.cedrsolutions.com/hr-base-camp/ and his weekly podcast “What the Hell Just Happened?.”
Paul believes that if you don’t create culture, your team will create the culture for you. If you don’t create a culture with components that make an ideal culture, it can negatively impact your business. If you do not control your culture, the team may create a culture with the wrong combinations. When your team creates a culture, they may create a ‘good culture’ that results in a positive outcome or even a bad culture that does not include your core values.
Listen to this episode to discover the importance of culture for business growth, how to utilize the right components to create an ideal culture, and how you could get HR support from CEDR to improve your dental office culture!
- 00:00:38 – About Dr. Eric Block’s latest book
- 00:00:50 – Introduction to the episode
- 00:01:53 – How Paul got involved with dentists
- 00:03:50 – How CEDR helps dentistry
- 00:05:55 – Impact of a proper handbook on a dental office culture
- 00:11:00 – When do dentists get HR support
- 00:16:00 – How the handbook varies
- 00:22:40 – What the hell just happened?
- 00:26:32 – Advice for young professionals