Loren King is an international speaker who brings awareness to topics like Human Trafficking Awareness, Dental Sleep Medicine, Dental Hygiene Education, Performance, and Human Motivation. She is a Registered Dental Hygienist, Lecturer, Mentor, and Coach. She is publishing her first book this year and is the owner of the consulting company – Human By Loren King.
In today’s episode, Loren King discusses with Dr. Eric Block about Human Trafficking and how dental professionals can help with this crisis.
Loren talks about how she became passionate about spreading awareness of Human Trafficking. She also discusses how education can have an impact on spreading awareness about Human Trafficking. Loren provides valuable tips on how a dental professional can help to identify the signs of abuse.
You can contact Loren King through her Instagram lorentheactivist and Facebook account
- 00:00:36 – Introducing our guest, Loren King
- 00:04:53 – How Loren got started in dentistry
- 00:05:20 – How Loren got involved with spreading awareness about Human Trafficking
- 00:07:30 – The story behind what made Loren passionate about this topic – Human Trafficking
- 00:13:00 – How to define Human Trafficking, and how common is it?
- 00:15:45 – Impact of education on bringing awareness to Human Trafficking
- 00:16:46 – How can dental professionals identify the signs of abuse
- 00:19:22 – Who are the victims of Human Trafficking?
- 00:20:37 – Course offered by Loren King – “What Does Human Trafficking Have To Do with Dentistry?” (https://www.catapulteducation.com/course/human-trafficking)
- 00:22:07 – How does one get caught in Human Trafficking?
- 00:24:47 – Loren’s advice for young dental professionals and young entrepreneurs