Kenn is the head of research and development at Dandy. Kenn is a dental lab & digital dentistry expert. He has spent nearly a thousand hours visiting and working with over 100+ dental labs across the United States. Kenn has personally evaluated over a dozen intraoral scanners and is passionate about helping doctors go digital.
In today’s episode, listen to Kenn Butler discuss with Dr. Eric Block the story of Dandy and the scope of digital dentistry in the future!
Kenn discusses his journey and how he has always had a passion for entrepreneurship. He also discusses the story of Dandy (www.meetdandy.com) and explains the decision-making process behind pivoting from direct-to-consumer to practitioners. Kenn also talks about why Dandy partnered with 3Shape TRIOS.
If you are a practitioner and interested in signing up, you can visit www.meetdandy.com, and you can contact Kenn directly through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 00:00:36 – Introducing our guest, Kenn Butler
- 00:01:06 – How Kenn got into dentistry and the story behind Dandy Labs
- 00:07:15 – How did Kenn’s parents react to him dropping out of high-school
- 00:09:33 – Did Kenn always have the entrepreneurial spirit in him?
- 00:10:12 – Kenn talks about Toni Oloko, co-founder of Dandy
- 00:11:00 – What was the decision-making process behind pivoting Dandy from a “direct-to-consumer” model to practitioners
- 00:13:44 – Difference between going direct-to-consumer and to practitioners
- 00:16:00 – Why did Dandy partner up with 3Shape TRIOS
- 00:22:15 – The AI technology behind 3Shape
- 00:24:23 – The workflow of Dandy’s Intraoral scanner
- 00:27:03 – The future of digital dentistry in scanning
- 00:31:34 – Kenn’s advice for practitioners who are planning to go digital
- 00:35:22 – Kenns’ advice for young entrepreneurs and young dental professionals
- 00:38:33 – How to contact Dandy and Kenn?