Master the important conversations by listening to this episode!
There are actual statistics that back up the fact that soft skills will play a role in the profitability of a dental practice. Conflict is a part of human nature. If there’s more than one person in any environment, you’re going to have a difference in opinion, a difference of perspective, a difference of work styles. And that creates a need for communicating at a higher level to get through that productively. However, most people who join the workforce have never been trained to communicate, and conflict impacts productivity.
It is the same when it comes to your practice team members. To handle conflict productively, your team members require assistance. In this episode, Katherine Eitel Belt and Dr. Eric Block discuss handling conflict in the dental practice with the help of a higher level of communication.
Katherine Eitel Belt is considered The Unscripted Communication Expert in the US, Canada, and the UK. An international keynote speaker, author, and coach, Katherine is the creator of The Lioness Principle™, a unique leadership communication tool.
- 00:00:37 – Intro to the topic
- 00:02:52 – Importance of soft skills in a dental practice
- 00:05:24 – How communication affects the practice productivity
- 00:09:40 – Do leaders need to have high-level communication skills?
- 00:11:10 – Reframing the definition of conflict
- 00:30:11 – How can clinicians use communication skills