Listen and learn tips to deal with burnout and a hostile work environment in the dental practice!
In this episode, Kari Carter-Cherelus joins Eric Block to discuss the relationship between burnout and a hostile work environment.
Working in a hostile work environment can lead to burnout and negatively impact one’s overall health and confidence. It is not evident at first, but in the long term, team members can lose their passion for dentistry due to the hostility they experience in the dental practice. This decreases the productivity of team members and negatively impacts the growth of the practice.
Kari is a consultant, speaker, and author. She authored the book, The Ultimate Guide for Dental Hygienist Burnout, to help dental hygienists in all stages of their careers. Kari shares her personal life experiences and strategies of overcoming burnout, dealing with hostile work environments, letting go of fear, and self-doubt to help professionals reclaim their power and transform their lives!
- 00:00:17 – Intro to the topic
- 00:01:38 – Kari’s journey in dealing with burnout
- 00:07:35 – What makes burnout so common?
- 00:12:28 – Compassion fatigue in dentistry
- 00:16:22 – Can one recover from burnout?
- 00:20:00 – What needs to change in the work culture