Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
Dr. Yooson Kim joins Dr. Eric Block in this Deals for Dentists Podcast episode to share helpful advice that will help you transform your dentistry journey!
She shares about life after dental school and why it is important to have a learning mindset when you leave dental school. Dentistry now has more aspects to it. Life in the real dental world is so much more challenging than your life in dental school, and the only way to overcome these challenges is to have a growth mindset to learn continuously.
Dr. Kim graduated from Franklin and Marshall College with a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry. She continued her studies at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine for her doctoral degree in dental medicine. Dr. Kim has an extensive research background with the National Cancer Institute, the National Institute of Health, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine; she has also been recognized and awarded for her research publications.
Listen to this episode and find out why you should make an effort to learn continuously as a dentist!
- 00:00:30 – About Dr. Eric’s latest book
- 00:00:45 – Details about the upcoming personal retreat for dentists
- 00:01:10 – Introduction to the episode guest
- 00:02:15 – How Dr. Yooson got involved with dentistry
- 00:07:05 – Life after dental school
- 00:14:05 – How an associateship can help you learn